Korpodeko and University of Curacao and Inter-Continental University of the Caribbean
We can all use a helping hand every now and then. Especially as an entrepreneur there are times when there is so much to do and so little time to get things done. Often times, great ideas don’t come to fruition because you are busy with daily operation. In the end, all you need is a little boost, a helping hand to get a project going.
With this in mind and to promote collaboration and the exchange of knowledge and experience, Korpodeko has teamed up with the University of Curacao (UoC) and the Inter-Continental University of the Caribbean (ICUC).
Entrepreneurs who need assistance with a project in a certain area of their business can get a helping hand through a 3rd of 4th year university student for up to 21 weeks. Students who wish to gain experience and get a sense of entrepreneurship while earning credits for school get to put their knowledge into practice. A win-win!
With the KIP-Helping Hands Korpodeko aims to:
- • Enable businesses that have limited resources to pick the brains of the highest educated students on the island in order to aid and assist them in their business;
- • Promote entrepreneurship among students;
- • Enable students to get study credits and first-hand business experience;
- • Create a better match between businesses and potential professional employees or starting entrepreneurs.
The program shall involve all faculties of the universities and be promoted among the relevant bachelor and master program students at the universities. The program shall not and cannot replace professional services but should be complimentary helping and supporting the entrepreneur to an extent on his end and providing the chance to directly apply knowledge and to gain experience on the student’s end. The program will cover a span of two years based on a multi-discipline assistance program including several students to assist the same company over the duration of the program.
To qualify for participation in the program companies must meet the following conditions:
- • Participating businesses may be an existing or new client to Korpodeko;
- • Participating businesses must comply with all standard loan application requirements and conditions;
- • Participating businesses must be tax and social security compliant and current;
- • Participating businesses must provide all relevant information for the students to be able to make a proper assessment and assist where needed;
- • Participating businesses are free to decide what advice they will follow and will implement;
- • Participating businesses grant Korpodeko permission to provide a description of their business and relevant information to the universities if necessary;
- • Participating businesses grant Korpodeko permission to use their name on the Korpodeko website and in other Korpodeko communications when promoting and providing information on the KIP – Helping Hands.
Korpodeko offers the following incentives under this program:
- • After successful completion of the full program and compliance with the conditions set, the company qualifies for an interest discount of between 1% and 2% over the duration of the program;
- • During the program participating businesses will enjoy a preferential status to qualify for other KIP’s.