Kenniscentrum Beroepsonderwijs Bedrijfsleven Curacao
With the KIP-KBB Korpodeko aims to:
- Match knowledge and experience needs between local companies and local students;
- Provide SBO, MBO, HBO and University level students with the opportunity to gain relevant work experience in actual business environments preparing to enter the job market and workplace after graduation;
- Create more “leermeester” or teacher companies that can provide work learning environments for students;
- Create a database of young professionals.
To qualify for participation in the program companies must meet the following conditions:
- Participating companies must commit for a 2-year period;
- Participating companies must become “leermeester”-companies and invest time and resources in the required training;
- Participating businesses with up to 25 employees must hire at least 1 student per semester therefore 4 students over a 2-year period;
- Participating businesses with 25 employees or more must hire at least 2 students per semester therefore 8 students over a 2-year period;
- Participating businesses should allow for guidance and support of the student both within the company and from KBB;
- Participating business should ensure that the student will be provided the opportunity to gain relevant working experience and knowledge;
- Participating businesses must have a credit relationship with Korpodeko or be in the process of obtaining a credit facility with Korpodeko;
- Participating businesses must have a good compliance track record in line with Korpodeko policies on all obligations including reporting requirements;
- Participating businesses grant Korpodeko permission to provide a description of their business and needs to KBB in order to match these with a student;
- Participating businesses grant Korpodeko permission to use their name on the Korpodeko website and in other Korpodeko communications when promoting and providing information on the KIP – KBB.
Korpodeko offers the following incentives under this program:
- After successful completion of the 2-year period and compliance with the conditions set, the company qualifies for an interest discount of between 1% and 2% over the duration of the program.
- During the program participating businesses will enjoy a preferential status to qualify for other KIP’s.